Get Involved by Volunteering
Here are some ways you can help in your child’s classroom or the school:
- Reading with students who need extra help
- Arts and crafts activities
- School plays or concerts
- Arranging material in the library
- Coaching sports activities
- Supervising children on field trips
- Serving as a speaker on topics related to the classroom program
- Serving as a skilled mentor to a student who needs extra support
- Collecting community materials for a classroom project
- Participate in meetings and activities of the School Council
Parents, guardians and community members who wish to volunteer must, like all MPS employees, complete a Police Reference Check (which will include a vulnerable sector screening) and be cleared before they can volunteer in any activities with our students.
If you would like to volunteer in our school please contact us at 705-336-2365 and speak to the Principal, Wanda Zelau.